Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2003/09/28 18:11:09 UTC

[PROCRUN] reorganization

Hi,

Since the procrun is fairly generic application that might have it's
usage beyond the Tomcat5 scope, after some consultations with remm, I
propose the following reorganization:

1. All the TC specific code and resources will be moved to
j-t-c/procrun.
2. There will be no build files in the bin neither they will be
maintained.
3. The binaries will be in the j-t-c/procrun/bin so that we can use them
in the installation build.
4. Make the needed callback mechanism to enable the separation.

There is another approach; that we make the subfolder 'tomcat' in the
procrun and keep all the tomcat specific code in there.
It could have its purpose too, cause it will show how to customize the
procrun to a specific application look and feel, without the need to
download from j-t-c.

MT.

RE: [daemon] New feature ?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Could that kind of feature be added to procrun and jsvc ? I think it
> would be useful.

> http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/prop-filter-x-n.html

Looks at site, sees:

wrapper.filter.trigger.1=java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
wrapper.filter.action.1=RESTART

and concurs with Remy!  Yes, please!

	--- Noel

[daemon] New feature ?

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Could that kind of feature be added to procrun and jsvc ? I think it
would be useful.

http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/prop-filter-x-n.html

Remy

Re: [PROCRUN] reorganization

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Mladen Turk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since the procrun is fairly generic application that might have it's
> usage beyond the Tomcat5 scope, after some consultations with remm, I
> propose the following reorganization:
>
> 1. All the TC specific code and resources will be moved to
> j-t-c/procrun.
> 2. There will be no build files in the bin neither they will be
> maintained.
> 3. The binaries will be in the j-t-c/procrun/bin so that we can use them
> in the installation build.
> 4. Make the needed callback mechanism to enable the separation.

+1.

> There is another approach; that we make the subfolder 'tomcat' in the
> procrun and keep all the tomcat specific code in there.
> It could have its purpose too, cause it will show how to customize the
> procrun to a specific application look and feel, without the need to
> download from j-t-c.

I see the point, but IMO even examples should be rather generic. Also,
if thay are production components, they shouldn't be labelled as examples.
The TC branding modifications should be mentioned in the docs, however.

Remy

Re: [PROCRUN] reorganization

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.