Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tracy12 <j_...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/24 03:04:25 UTC

mod_perl handler final stage- doubts /optimizations

Hi,

I successfully finished the mod_perl authentication hander (CAS). Everything
working fine, it got features like caching/session handling as well. My
httpd.conf looks as follows (See the bottom of the mail). As we have
simulated the final url by myTest.pl which will print REMOTE_USER env
variable. Apart from the Location directive I do not have any entry in the
httpd.conf with regard to this Perl Authentication handler.

1)My concerns are as follows for further optimizations should I have a entry
as follows some where in the apache configuration ?

  PerlModule AuthCAS ,

where should I have this entry in the apache configuration

2) Is it necessary to split the following configuration entries(in
httpd.conf) within the <Location> tag to apache configuration files for
further optimizations (if so what are those configuration files)

3) Which directive would ideally suit the Perl Authentication handler for.eg
is it the Location directive or Directory directive.

4) If some other directory requires the same Authentication without
duplicating the same configuration how can we achieve that .i .e can we use
something like following

      <Directory "testDirectory" >
                AuthType CAS
                Require valid-user
       </Directory>

httpd.conf entry for AuthHandler

<Location /myTest.pl>
    PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
    AuthType CAS
    AuthName "AuthCAS"
    PerlAuthenHandler AuthCAS->authen_handler
    PerlSetVar casUrl "https://test:8443/cas"
    PerlSetVar CAFile "/etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt"
    PerlSetVar tmpSessionFolder "/home/test/mod_perl/sessions"
    PerlSetVar sessionTimeout "+30m"
    PerlSetVar serverURL "http://localhost"
    PerlSetVar debug "true"
    Require valid-user