Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jörg Agatz <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2009/12/07 14:09:22 UTC

Multiindexing

Hi Users..

i need help with Multiindexing in Solr,

i want one Core, and 3 to 5 diferent indizes. So i can search in simultan in
all or in some of them.
i find the Help im WIKI.. but it dosent Help.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MultipleIndexes?highlight=%28multi%29
there stand nothing about Multiindexing in Solr.
in the Book from Solr1.4 too

exist no way to use more than one index in one core/instance?

King

Re: Multiindexing

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
A "core" is one index. I think you mean:

3-5 indexes in different cores. Since you want to search across them,
they should have the same schema. There is a feature called
Distributed Search that searches across multiple indexes. There is no
administration support for indexing parts of one data set into
multiple indexes. You have to set up all solr instances and index
parts of the data into each one with your own scripting.

Does this help?

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com