Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Todd Byrne <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/11 18:59:17 UTC

DOM3

Anyone see a reason not to commit the DOM 3 patch and look into rewriting
the UglyBrowser to use something else besides Xerces?

Any glaring issues with removing Xerces as a dependency?

Todd Byrne

Re: DOM3

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Todd Byrne wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> Todd Byrne wrote:
>>> and look into rewriting the UglyBrowser to use something else besides
>>> Xerces?
>>
>> No objections on this one, as long as it does not bring new dependency :)
>>
> I think I know a XSLT transform trick to do it I will test it out and
> see if its a good fit.

Or, it could be implemented by enhancing TextWriter and using it instead of
Xerces? IIUC, only indenting part needs to be implemented in TextWriter.

Vadim

Re: DOM3

Posted by Todd Byrne <to...@gmail.com>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Todd Byrne wrote:
>> Anyone see a reason not to commit the DOM 3 patch
>
> Yup, I do. This patch is not suitable for committing as-is, and looks
> like some methods need more work.
>
> I'll look into DOM3 issue.
I only gave it a once over just seeing if their was any interest.

>> and look into rewriting the UglyBrowser to use something else besides
>> Xerces?
>
> No objections on this one, as long as it does not bring new dependency :)

I think I know a XSLT transform trick to do it I will test it out and
see if its a good fit.
>> Any glaring issues with removing Xerces as a dependency?
>
> I don't see any issues in having Xerces dependency, especially since
> Xerces ships with recent JREs anyway. I also don't see issue with
> removing Xerces dependency either :)
>
> Vadim

Todd

Re: DOM3