Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/02 12:43:59 UTC

Trunk schema changes for 1.5 finally complete (I think)

Hi all,

Major schema changes in 1.5 include those needed to support authorization
groups, and those needed to support multiple agents nodes.  Both sets of
changes are now complete, and no further schema changes are anticipated at
the moment.

I'd love to hear of any difficulty anyone has with the current code on
trunk.  We've got six weeks to get it ready to ship, and that includes the
holidays.  I've tested the upgrade on PostgreSQL, and it seems to work, but
the more people playing with the code now, the better.

Speaking of that - I wrote a scheduling test which is based largely on
timing, which means that when run on a system under heavy load it may
fail.  Still cogitating over a better way to structure the test.  In my
opinion we also will need tests that exercise the multiple agents aspects
of the code; I'll attempt to write those (and update the ZooKeeper example
to be multi-agent too) soon.

Karl