Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/31 19:42:33 UTC

One machine setup

I don't suppose someone has a blog post with a complete set of
instructions for setting up on a single node, including zookeeper and
hdfs.

Re: One machine setup

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see how the hdfs pathname /tmp/hadoop-ubuntu/dfs/name ever
> gets put to work.

I don't have an answer for this. That step was part of the magic
sauce. It might not be needed.

> Also, if I have no intention of running any hadoop jobs, can I leave
> anything off?

You can skip the steps that run the map/reduce examples. I have not
experimented to streamline the process.

Re: One machine setup

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
David,

I don't see how the hdfs pathname /tmp/hadoop-ubuntu/dfs/name ever
gets put to work.

Also, if I have no intention of running any hadoop jobs, can I leave
anything off?

--benson

Re: One machine setup

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.