Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Alan Langford <in...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/04 16:38:37 UTC

Preserve workspace layout on upgrade

I found a report about this on the old netbeans.org but haven't managed
to find anything else; please forgive me if this is a duplicate. If it
is a link would be much appreciated.

It seems that every Netbeans upgrade returns the IDE to the default
workspace layout, despite detecting a previous installation and
importing most other settings, plugins, etc.

My stock workspace layout is starkly different from the default, so
getting things back to suit my preferences takes some fiddling that
seems unnecessary. When the Netbeans upgrade schedule was "when it's
ready" this wasn't a major irritation but on a quarterly cycle it is a
different matter.

In the short term I'm wiling to move the layout across manually, but I'm
clueless as to where this configuration is stored. I'll take a crack at
copying / updating / manipulating the data to make it work in 11.2

Long term, should this not be something that "just happens" on an upgrade?

Re: Preserve workspace layout on upgrade

Posted by Alan Langford <in...@gmail.com>.
Resolved this by copying the folder

...\NetBeans\11.1\config\Windows2Local to the corresponding 11.2 folder