Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> on 2006/02/01 04:17:52 UTC

[VOTE-RESULT] Yoko - A CORBA Server Sub-Project Proposal - PASSED

Results of the vote [1] on Yoko - A CORBA Server sub-project proposal [2]:

  +1 David Blevins
  +1 Jacek Laskowski
  +1 John Sisson
  +1 Alan Cabrera
  +1 Jeff Genender
  +1 Davanum Srinivas
  +1 Matt Hogstrom
  +1 David Jencks
  +1 Dain Sundstrom
  +1 Bruce Snyder
  +1 Greg Wilkins
  +1 Jan Bartel
  +1 Jason Dillon
  +1 Sachin Patel

Non Binding:

  +1 Adinarayana Sakala
  +1 Aaron Mulder

The proposal to accept Yoko - A CORBA Server sub-project for incubation
has passed.

Regards,
Alan

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-dev/200601.mbox/%3c43D7D393.9020401@toolazydogs.com%3e
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/CorbaProposal

Re: [VOTE-RESULT] Yoko - A CORBA Server Sub-Project Proposal - PASSED

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org>.
On Feb 8, 2006, at 6:23 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> At graduation, the community will decide its final resting place?

Interesting choice of words =)

-Brian

Re: [VOTE-RESULT] Yoko - A CORBA Server Sub-Project Proposal - PASSED

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On 2/8/2006 5:50 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>Alan,
>
>Please note that this is not a Geronimo sub-project.  Incubator projects are just that: Incubator projects whose final destination will be determined at graduation.
>
>Amongst other issues, we want to be inviting and inclusive of whomever wants to participate, including other ASF projects.  Pre-supposing that it is a sub-project of any particular TLP can be contrary to community building.

Cool.  So Geronimo is merely the sponsoring PMC which will help it
through the incubator?  At graduation, the community will decide its
final resting place?

>Hmmm ... I think that we should work this into our docs.

Thanks.

Regards,
Alan

Re: [VOTE-RESULT] Yoko - A CORBA Server Sub-Project Proposal - PASSED

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Alan,

Please note that this is not a Geronimo sub-project.  Incubator projects are just that: Incubator projects whose final destination will be determined at graduation.

Amongst other issues, we want to be inviting and inclusive of whomever wants to participate, including other ASF projects.  Pre-supposing that it is a sub-project of any particular TLP can be contrary to community building.

Hmmm ... I think that we should work this into our docs.

	--- Noel

RE: [VOTE-RESULT] Yoko - A CORBA Server Sub-Project Proposal - PASSED

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On 1/31/2006 8:23 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote, On 1/31/2006 7:27 PM:
>
>> Alan,
>>
>> Could you folks turn up some additional Mentors?  We have not adopted
>> a formal policy to require more than one --- yet --- but I'd like to
>> see more than one.
>

> Sure, good idea.

The only person who's stepped up and volunteered is Geir.  Is there
anyone else?  Are two mentors enough?

Regards,
Alan

Re: [VOTE-RESULT] Yoko - A CORBA Server Sub-Project Proposal - PASSED

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.