Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Henika Tekwani <ht...@adobe.com> on 2010/12/15 15:30:13 UTC

Help needed in implementing the Plugin Repositories feature provided in Maven 3

We have our own internal maven repository setup. That repository consists of two separate repository groups - RG1 (one that consists of procured repos) and the other RG2 (that consists of proxies). I was going through the maven3 documentation and it says that

...."Maven 3 aims at supporting a stricter separation between the compile/runtime/test dependencies of a project and the plugins used to build the project. For this reason, build extensions, plugins and plugin dependencies are no longer resolved from the <repositories> of a project but only from its <pluginRepositories>."........

We would like to start using this feature for our builds. What we are looking at is that the main project dependencies should be fetched from RG1 and the plugin dependencies should come from RG2.  How do I configure my settings.xml for such a case?

Currently, we have our settings.xml configured in a way such that the mirror entry is pointing to RG1. Currently both dependencies as well as plugins are coming from RG1 but going forward we would like to separate the two like stated above.

Any pointers - examples, documentations would be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
-Henika