Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Balaraman Sujatha <su...@cisco.com> on 2002/09/15 04:12:36 UTC

Problem with Multiple sessions of same JSP with different parameters.

Hi,

I am using the struts framework as follows:

I have a jsp (let's call it test.jsp).
It has a corresponding action class testaction.java and formbean testbean.java.

Now, test.jsp, is a popup window, based on certain user selections.

For instance
user could call test.jsp?devicename=1
or test.jsp?devicename=2.

Based on whether the incoming httprequest paramter is 1 or 2, I do a bunch
of things and display screens to the user. But after the first display, the
user can again click and select other stuff from either or these screens :)

Now, here is my problem, for any subsequent screen.. my action class is
unable to tell if the subsequent calls to this action class are stemming
from the screen for devicename=1 or devicename=2.  Sadly both these screens
pop up with the same session id. So, I can't use session id, I am also
unable to preserver using form-bean 'cos both the screens share the same
form bean.

I am lost here.. I want to be able to somehow distinguish between the two
screens when they access the action class ?

I tried to set a httprequest variable and get it back from the action,
"http attributes, get reset, so that does not work ?"

Can someone please suggest something ??:):) I am desperate for ideas :):)

Thanks.
Sujatha.