Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rob Reis <wi...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/20 22:54:10 UTC

Testing non-visual JavaBeans?

Is there a way to test a non-visual bean which I
intend to use for JSP, Servlets, etc.? Do I have to
use the BeanBox? Can I use something like JUnit? I
want to make sure my bean works correctly before
trying to call it from JSP.

Thanks,

Rob

Re: Testing non-visual JavaBeans?

Posted by Eric Everman <ev...@precedadesign.com>.
For testing beans, I use JUnit.  It makes things fairly simple.

It can get complex if your 'beans' actually have Servlet ties-ins such as
references to httpSessions, contexts, etc.  But if you've got functionality
that can be tested without any sort of dependence on a web container, JUnit
is the way to go.

Eric Everman