Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2005/03/17 06:04:32 UTC

the yellow fade technique

http://www.37signals.com/svn/archives/000558.php

When you edit or move something on a web page it usually forces a reload
of that page. The problem is once the page reloads it’s often difficult
to spot and confirm the change (especially if the change occurred
somewhere in the middle of the page). The YFT uses JavaScript to create
a yellow highlight that briefly spotlights the change when the page
reloads. Then, in a second or two, the highlight fades and the page
reverts to its normal state. The YFT makes it super easy to spot
edits/changes yet its unobtrusive nature lets people quickly get back to
work once a modification is confirmed.
<<

Re: the yellow fade technique

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> sounds very nice, whereas I would rather suggest that Lenya would offer
> a menu item where one could generate a "yellow fade" view.

i don't understand?

Re: the yellow fade technique

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> http://www.37signals.com/svn/archives/000558.php
>

> When you edit or move something on a web page it usually forces a
> reload of that page. The problem is once the page reloads it’s often
> difficult to spot and confirm the change (especially if the change
> occurred somewhere in the middle of the page). The YFT uses JavaScript
> to create a yellow highlight that briefly spotlights the change when
> the page reloads. Then, in a second or two, the highlight fades and
> the page reverts to its normal state. The YFT makes it super easy to
> spot edits/changes yet its unobtrusive nature lets people quickly get
> back to work once a modification is confirmed.
> <<

sounds very nice, whereas I would rather suggest that Lenya would offer
a menu item where one could generate a "yellow fade" view.

WDYT?

Michi

Michael Wechner