Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2005/05/01 10:44:23 UTC

Right word for docs: cachability or cacheability

Hi,

I found a source that contains both words:

cachability and cacheability I wonder wich one is the right. I guess the
second is the right word. Please english native speakers tell me wich is
the right one. In dictionary.com don't contain none of them and googling
returns hits for both. Only that the first word has less hits than the
2nd. If useful, the word context is:

... this might have issues concerning cachability of the generated output ...

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: Right word for docs: cachability or cacheability

Posted by Ben Pope <be...@gmail.com>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. This is the code in question:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/TraxTransformer.java?view=markup
>
> Used to generate this doc:
>
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/TraxTransformer.html
>
> Can you send me a patch for a correct english of this? ;-)

Hehe, and I thought it was on the docs website here:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/xslt-transformer.html

The change is slightly different to what I would apply to the docs, I'm
sure you can all work it out.

Ben Pope.

Re: Right word for docs: cachability or cacheability

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Thanks ben.

It is committed. :-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

On Dom, 1 de Mayo de 2005, 4:36, Ben Pope dijo:

Posted by Ben Pope <be...@gmail.com>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Can you send me a patch for a correct english of this? ;-)

Apologies...

That last patch was imcomplete.

This covers all instances of cach(e)ability, and replaces a <br> with a <p> to increase clarity.

Ben Pope.

Re: Right word for docs: cachability or cacheability

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Thanks for the reply. This is the code in question:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/TraxTransformer.java?view=markup

Used to generate this doc:

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/TraxTransformer.html

Can you send me a patch for a correct english of this? ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

On Dom, 1 de Mayo de 2005, 3:54, Ben Pope dijo:

Posted by Ben Pope <be...@gmail.com>.