Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/13 20:08:04 UTC

[Trinidad] commandButton in dialog page with lightweight dialogs enabled and partialSubmit="true" doesn't close the dialog?

Hi,
I have a dialog page that contains a tr:statusIndicator tag. In order for
the status indicator to display, I need to have the partialSubmit attribute
in my command button that is used to close the dialog set to 'true'.
However, it when I do this, the dialog does not close. Is this a bug in the
dialog framework or is it expected behavior?

Thanks,

Richard

Re: [Trinidad] commandButton in dialog page with lightweight dialogs enabled and partialSubmit="true" doesn't close the dialog?

Posted by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com>.
Amit,
I tried adding the immediate="true" with partialSubmit="true" and it didn't
fix the problem. The dialog does not clear. I am going to go back to my
workaround of using
onclick="document.getElementById('status::busy').style.display='inline'" to
clear the statusIndicator and also have the dialog close properly.

This is what I had for my commandButton when I tried using the partialSubmit
and immediate attributes:

action="#{familySelectionBacking.handleDialogOkButton}"
                                  partialSubmit="true" immediate="true"/>
Did you have any other attributes?
In my handleDialogOkButton method, I am calling
RequestContext.getCurrentInstance().returnFromDialog(viewId, null); and
returning null.

Posted by Richard Yee <ry...@cruzio.com>.
Amit,
I will try that. I didn't think of adding the attribute b/c I didn't
think it was appropriate. My workaround until now was to use the onclick
attribute to set the style of the busy span tag to display:inline.  I
made the id of the tr:statusIndicator = "status" and then used

Posted by WMG_Amit <am...@wmg.com>.
Dear Richard,

--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/-Trinidad--commandButton-in-dialog-page-with-lightweight-dialogs-enabled-and-partialSubmit%3D%22true%22-doesn%27t-close-the-dialog--tp17829247p17834353.html