Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Prashant Rajput <pr...@infocepts.com> on 2011/04/07 01:42:16 UTC

Apache Tomcat Process is getting killed automatically.

Hi,

I am using Apache Tomcat 5.x and it is having two instances running on it,
one is Flex application and the other one is Java application which is used
by the Flex application to Export the results.

My RAM is 4GB and Tomcat's xmx parameter is set to use from 512MB to 2GB.

Now almost once in two days my Tomcat process is getting killed
automatically and I have to restart the Tomcat server again and again to
resume the application back.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Prashant Rajput| prajput@infocepts.com
Mob:+91 9561508836 (India) ; 415 548 3631(USA)

RE: Apache Tomcat Process is getting killed automatically.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Prashant Rajput [mailto:prajput@infocepts.com]
> Subject: Apache Tomcat Process is getting killed automatically.

> Now almost once in two days my Tomcat process is getting killed
> automatically and I have to restart the Tomcat server again and
> again to resume the application back.

Start with the FAQ:

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Memory

You'll need to do some homework to determine what's using up the memory.

 - Chuck

Re: Apache Tomcat Process is getting killed automatically.

Posted by Francis GALIEGUE <fg...@one2team.com>.
On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 01:42, Prashant Rajput <pr...@infocepts.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Apache Tomcat 5.x and it is having two instances running on it,
> one is Flex application and the other one is Java application which is used
> by the Flex application to Export the results.
>
> My RAM is 4GB and Tomcat's xmx parameter is set to use from 512MB to 2GB.
>
> Now almost once in two days my Tomcat process is getting killed
> automatically and I have to restart the Tomcat server again and again to
> resume the application back.

Killed by what? What do the logs say?

--
Francis Galiegue