Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "S.L. Crosby" <sl...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2022/01/22 20:16:00 UTC

Older Open Office

I have used Open Office for several years and recently replaced my 14 year old computer. When I downloaded Open Office I received the new edition and while I appreciate your brilliance, I'm just lost and would like to know if you could send me a link for the older edition. I'm 75 and set in my ways. If this is possible I would gladly send a check to your project. Please send me your mailing address.Thank you.Sheila Crosby, Shreveport, LA. slcrosby_422@yahoo.com

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Older Open Office

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 09:59:44 -0500
Alan B <ab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Older versions can be found here
> https://www.openoffice.org/download/
>
> When using the above link, you will see "Select your favorite operating
> system, language, and version:"
>
> Look below "version:". That is a list that can be used to select the
> version you want by clicking the arrow at the right side of the box. It
> should show 4.1.11 when you first look at it. If the version you want isn't
> in the list select the last option, "Older releases".
>
> Keep in mind newer computers (especially a 14 years newer computer) may not
> run older software because the older software is not compatible.
>
> Software does reach "end of life" where it is no longer supported, bugs
> fixed, hacking vulnerabilities patched, etc. And older versions may not
> read files sent to you created by newer versions of software.
>
> Open Office end of life info is here.
> https://www.openoffice.org/development/releases/eol.html
>
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 4:03 PM S.L. Crosby <sl...@yahoo.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> > I have used Open Office for several years and recently replaced my 14 year
> > old computer. When I downloaded Open Office I received the new edition and
> > while I appreciate your brilliance, I'm just lost and would like to know if
> > you could send me a link for the older edition. I'm 75 and set in my ways.
> > If this is possible I would gladly send a check to your project. Please
> > send me your mailing address.Thank you.Sheila Crosby, Shreveport, LA.
> > slcrosby_422@yahoo.com
> >
> > Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>

> --
> Alan Boba
> CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

I suggest sticking with the newer OpenOffice for a day or two more and trying to get used to it; its menus and main functions are largely unchanged from the earlier versions.  If you have problems, you will get informed help on the OpenOffice User Forum at https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Older Open Office

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.