Posted to users@directory.apache.org by ja...@henningok.us on 2018/09/02 01:16:19 UTC

move apacheds m25 to different server

I'm needing to move my apacheDSm25 install to a different server.  I
previously has apacheDSm24 installed and upgrade to m25.

My question is, how can I back this up and move my entire LDAP config to a
different box?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Re: move apacheds m25 to different server

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

the configuration for your server is stored in a single file, config.ldif.

Dependning on the OS yoi are running it on, this file can be found in :

Debian/RH/CentOS: /var/lib/apacheds-<version>/default/conf
Mac OSX: /usr/local/apacheds-<versions>/instances/default/conf

You can simply copy this file as is, there is nothing specific to yur
local machine in it

The data are stored in :

Debian/RH/CentOS: /var/lib/apacheds-<version>/default/partitions/<XXX>/...
Mac OSX:
/usr/local/apacheds-<versions>/instances/default/partitions/<XXX>/...

You can also copy those files as is.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com