Posted to dev@teaclave.apache.org by Vijay Chakilam <vi...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/11 00:36:39 UTC

OP-TEE TrustZone

Hi,

I am trying to find resources to help understand how to build trusted
applications for OP-TEE using Rust. I came across the repository
https://github.com/mesalock-linux/rust-optee-trustzone-sdk. And then, I
discovered MesaTEE, which is now the Teaclave project (please correct me if
I am wrong). It is great to see an apache project being incubated to
provide an open source universal secure computing platform. However, I am a
bit lost under the teaclave project that it's a bit unclear if teaclave
includes the Rust SDK for OP-TEE TrustZone? Is the Rust SDK moved to
Teaclave or is it now a separate project (if yes, is it still being
actively worked on?)?

Thanks,
Vijay

Re: OP-TEE TrustZone

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Currently, only two repos have been donated so far:
https://github.com/apache?q=teaclave

We're still early in incubation, so after we have a release published,
that could be a good time to import any other repos, though I'm not
sure which ones are planned to be donated.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: OP-TEE TrustZone

Posted by Vijay Chakilam <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your replies, Matt and Mingshen!

Hi Mingshen,

Thank you for all the work on the Rust OP-TEE TrustZone SDK. My company is
focusing on secure edge computing technologies for Machine Learning and
Inference. Since our focus is mostly on the IoT and Industry 4.0 use cases,
we were looking at TEE tech mostly for Arm chips to start with. That is how
we went looking for a Rust SDK for OP-TEE TrustZone. We'd love to help and
contribute to take the project further and bring it under the
Apache/Teaclave umbrella sooner than later. Any pointers to references for
me to get started would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vijay

Re: OP-TEE TrustZone