Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Edson Richter <ed...@hotmail.com> on 2022/02/09 12:39:09 UTC

Create console user without restart

Artemis 2.20.0
Hawtio 2.14.0
Hawtio Core 4.15.0
Hawtio Integration 4.16.5
Hawtio OAuth 4.12.5
java.class.path  /opt/apache-artemis-2.20.0/lib/artemis-boot.jar
java.class.version           55.0
java.compiler    j9jit29
java.fullversion 11.0.13+8 JRE 11 Linux amd64-64-Bit Compressed References 20211022_206 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled) OpenJ9 - e1e72c497 OMR - 299b6a2d2 JCL - 43ed76284c based on jdk-11.0.13+8
java.home         /usr/local/java/jdk-11.0.13+8

Is there any way to create a console user without restarting Artemis?
Attempt 1: I’ve tried to create the user in “artemis-user...” file and then touch broker.xml for reaload => try login, result is fail. Restart artemis, then user is able to login.

Attempt 2: Connected to console, go to operations => addUser => user created. Checked “artemis-user...” file and the user is there => try login, result is fail. Restart artemis, then user is able to login.

So, restarting works, but in a busy enviroment, that’s not an option.
I’m sure I’m doind something wrong, and I need your guidance.

Thanks in advance,

Edson

Enviado do Email<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> para Windows

RES: Create console user without restart

Posted by Edson Richter <ed...@hotmail.com>.
Yep... probably myselft, trying to solve something else.

Enviado do Email<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> para Windows

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
I'm glad you got it working.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.