Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ghassan Maslamani <gh...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/16 18:24:24 UTC

Help with task: Fortress Doc Writers

Hello,

I would like to help out with the task listed at
https://helpwanted.apache.org/task.html?c7e01e62

I am new to the project!

Best,
Ghassan

Re: Help with task: Fortress Doc Writers

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Apr 16, 2016, at 2:11 PM, Steve Moyer <sm...@psu.edu> wrote:
>

> I can do a case study on how we're using Fortress for the Friends of Penn State accounts (currently 3M users about 2M have one or more assigned roles).  We've could obviously generate a bunch of "how-tos" from our experiments and from the final configuration we're using for our PSU account roles and permissions.

Steve,

Yes, I would like to see input from Penn State - especially since its running in production there with a high volume and large number of accounts.  Areas of particular interest surround the aspect of ‘role engineering’ and policy enforcement.  But anything you have that can be written down are good.  Let me know how you want to do this.  Since the website documentation is in SVN we can’t do pull requests, but any format is fine as I will translate it to what’s needed for our website.

Thanks,

Shawn

Re: Help with task: Fortress Doc Writers

Posted by Steve Moyer <sm...@psu.edu>.
Shawn,

I can do a case study on how we're using Fortress for the Friends of Penn State accounts (currently 3M users about 2M have one or more assigned roles).  We've could obviously generate a bunch of "how-tos" from our experiments and from the final configuration we're using for our PSU account roles and permissions.

Steve

“All the easy stuff’s been done…. We’ve got the wheel, fire, the TV clicker—what else do you need?” - Dean Kamen

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.