Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by srinivas rao <pi...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/11 13:51:54 UTC

Better option to load data to cassandra

Hi Team,

Please suggest me the better options to load data from NoSql to Cassndra.

Thanks
Srini

Re: Better option to load data to cassandra

Posted by Shane Hansen <sh...@gmail.com>.
So sstableloader is a cpu efficient online method of loading data if you
already have sstables.

An option you may not have considered is just using batch inserts. It was a
surprise to me coming from another
database system, but C*'s primary use case is shoving data to an append
only log. Is there a faster way to write a chunk
of data other than as sequential writes?

The only caveat is that there seems to be more parsing overhead (source:
jvisualvm) when going
the batch writing route, which is why I made sure to mention sstable
loader's cpu efficiency.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 5:10 AM, Jonathan Lacefield <jlacefield@datastax.com

Posted by Jonathan Lacefield <jl...@datastax.com>.

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.

Posted by cass savy <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brice Dutheil <br...@gmail.com>.
On our project we wrote ourself a custom batch to load the data to
cassandra the way we wanted.

-- Brice

Posted by srinivas rao <pi...@gmail.com>.
hi Alexey,