Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de> on 2011/10/10 11:08:16 UTC

mod_authn_socache bug?

Hi,

shouldn't the default "AuthnCacheContext directory" also include some
vhost-specific string in the cache context? Otherwise there may be
some mix up if the same path is used in several vhosts. And AFAICS,
directory means the directory part of the URI and not a directory on
the local disk.

Cheers,
Stefan

Re: mod_authn_socache bug?

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On 18 Oct 2011, at 21:22, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

>>> but would also be an inappropriate change if it hit existing users
>>> who rely on the current "directory" semantics.  So that becomes
>>> (just) a note for the docs.
>>
>> mod_authn_socache has *current* users?
>> Isn't it still beta?
>
> Nick, did you mean the "directory" config name should not be changed? Or the behaviour? I hope the former, because the current behaviour is definitely a bug. It could easily lead to misconfigurations that may cause security issues.

Yes, I agreed with your point.  I wasn't clear whether you were proposing to
fix it, but I'll be happy to take on that task when I'm back home.

REgarding the name, I thought momentarily of a change, then decided against.
Hence my two somewhat-contradictory posts!

--
Nick Kew

Re: mod_authn_socache bug?

Posted by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de>.

Re: mod_authn_socache bug?

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

> On 10 Oct 2011, at 10:41, Nick Kew wrote:
>
> > Yep.  Maybe calling it Location would be more consistent with
> > our terminology?
>
> but would also be an inappropriate change if it hit existing users
> who rely on the current "directory" semantics.  So that becomes
> (just) a note for the docs.

mod_authn_socache has *current* users?
Isn't it still beta?

> --
> Nick Kew

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org
GPG: 571B 8B8A FC97 266D BDA3  EF6F 43AD 80A4 5779 3257

Re: mod_authn_socache bug?

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

Re: mod_authn_socache bug?

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On 10 Oct 2011, at 10:08, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> shouldn't the default "AuthnCacheContext directory" also include some
> vhost-specific string in the cache context?

Hmm, yeah, guess that makes sense.