Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Mani Balasubramani <Ma...@paybytouch.com> on 2006/08/19 09:47:20 UTC

source and target namespace mismatch

Hi,

   I'm trying to generate xmlbeans out of liberty schema files. One of
the liberty schema has the following in it.

Liberty-metadata.xsd

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<xs:schema targetNamespace="urn:liberty:metadata:2004-12"

  xmlns="urn:liberty:metadata:2004-12"

  xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"

  elementFormDefault="qualified"

  attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="1.0">

  <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"

schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/REC-xmldsig-core-20020212/xmld
sig-core-schema.xsd"/>

  <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"

    schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd"/>

  <xs:include schemaLocation="liberty-idwsf-utility-v2.0.xsd"/>

Liberty-idwsf-utility.xsd

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<xs:schema targetNamespace="urn:liberty:util:2005-11"

    xmlns="urn:liberty:util:2005-11"

    elementFormDefault="qualified"

    attributeFormDefault="unqualified"

    version="2.0-02">

When I try to compile I get this error -
"liberty-metadata-v2.0.xsd:12:3: error: Included schema has a target
namespace "urn:liberty:util:2005-11" that does not match the source
namespace "urn:liberty:metadata:2004-12"

What should my .xsdconfig file look like, so that I can generate
xmlbeans out of liberty-metadata.xsd?

Thanks,

Mani

This email and any attachment(s) thereto, are intended for the use of
the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and or
confidential information under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and any attachment(s)
thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender at 415-281-2200 or via return e-mail at
postmaster@paybytouch.com and permanently delete the original copy and
any copy of any e-mail, and any printout thereof. Thank you for your
cooperation.

RE: source and target namespace mismatch

Posted by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@bea.com>.
You can't fix this by using .xsdconfig, you need to get a new Schema
file. If you look carefully at the "include" statement, you can notice
that Liberty-metadata.xsd is asking for the version 2.0 of the included
file, while that file is saying that its version is "2.0-02". My guess
is that the Schema author didn't want one version of one file to be used
with another version of the second file, probably for a good reason.

Radu

[...]

by email and then delete it.