Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by charliec <cl...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/27 14:19:53 UTC

Error when installing servicemix-jsr181-3.1.1-incubating-installer.zip in Linux

Hello,
After I start ServiceMix in Linux, I copied the
servicemix-jsr181-3.1.1-incubating-installer.zip file into the install
directory and receive the error below.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

INFO  - AutoDeploymentService          - Directory: install: Archive
changed: processing servicemix-jsr181-3.1.1-incubating-installer.zip ...
WARN  - AutoDeploymentService          - Directory: install: Automatic
install of
/root/apache-servicemix-3.1.1-incubating/install/servicemix-jsr181-3.1.1-incubating-installer.zip
failed
javax.jbi.management.DeploymentException: <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jbi-task xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jbi/management-message"
version="1.0">
<jbi-task-result>
<frmwk-task-result>
<frmwk-task-result-details>
<task-result-details>
<task-id>deploy</task-id>
<task-result>FAILED</task-result>
<message-type>ERROR</message-type>
<task-status-msg>
<msg-loc-info>
<loc-token/>
<loc-message>Unable to unpack archive:
/root/apache-servicemix-3.1.1-incubating/install/servicemix-jsr181-3.1.1-incubating-installer.zip</loc-message>
</msg-loc-info>
</task-status-msg>
<exception-info>
<nesting-level>1</nesting-level>
<loc-token/>
<loc-message>java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip
file</loc-message>
<stack-trace><![CDATA[javax.jbi.management.DeploymentException:
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.unpackLocation(AutoDeploymentService.java:590)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.updateArchive(AutoDeploymentService.java:228)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.monitorDirectory(AutoDeploymentService.java:646)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.access$200(AutoDeploymentService.java:62)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService$1.run(AutoDeploymentService.java:606)
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:203)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:234)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.util.FileUtil.archiveContainsEntry(FileUtil.java:170)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.unpackLocation(AutoDeploymentService.java:582)
        ... 6 more
]]></stack-trace>
</exception-info>
</task-result-details>
</frmwk-task-result-details>
</frmwk-task-result>
</jbi-task-result>
</jbi-task>

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.failure(AutoDeploymentService.java:373)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.failure(AutoDeploymentService.java:363)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.updateArchive(AutoDeploymentService.java:230)

Re: Error when installing servicemix-jsr181-3.1.1-incubating-installer.zip in Linux

Posted by Daryl Richter <ng...@comcast.net>.
On Sep 13, 2007, at 3:03 PM, Bruce Snyder wrote:

> On 9/5/07, charliec <cl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hello,
>> It works when ServiceMix hasn't been started yet but doesn't work
>> when
>> trying to install it when ServiceMix has been started.
>
> How exactly are you putting the ZIP file into the install dir? Are you
> using the cp or mv command? Though I've not seen this in ServiceMix, I
> have in other containers with hot deploy mechanisms - cp is not atomic
> and the hot deployment mechanism could be picking up the ZIP file
> before it's fully copied. The only way you'd know this is to try to
> use the mv command as it is atomic and will guard against this from
> happening.

We have indeed seen this issue with our developers who use Windows.
Move it generally not a problem, it's just changing a reference, copy
gets caught sporadically, particularly on Vista, which seems to have
many other very, um, interesting file related issues too.  ;)

--
Daryl
Email *my = [ ngzax at: @"comcast" dot: @"net" ];

Re: Error when installing servicemix-jsr181-3.1.1-incubating-installer.zip in Linux

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: Error when installing servicemix-jsr181-3.1.1-incubating-installer.zip in Linux

Posted by charliec <cl...@yahoo.com>.

Hello,
It works when ServiceMix hasn't been started yet but doesn't work when
trying to install it when ServiceMix has been started.
Thanks

Yes, I've used ServiceMix many times on Linux without any issues. With
ServiceMix shut down, try the following:

1) Remove the data dir (rm -rf ./data)
2) Copy all components you need from the components dir to the install dir
3) Start up ServiceMix (./bin/servicemix)

Bruce

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by charliec <cl...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,