Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Fábio Gomes <fl...@fazenda.sp.gov.br> on 2006/08/31 22:33:46 UTC

spamd and SQL

Hi list,

	Recently I faced a problem with my network where my e-mail servers couldn't
contact my MySQL server. Because of that communication error, the incoming
messages passed through without being scanned by spamd.

	Reading the sql/README I found the following information:

	"While scanning a message if spamd is unable to connect to the server
specified in user_scores_dsn or an error occurs when querying the SQL
server then spam checking will not be performed on that message."

	That's a big problem because too many spams can enter my network while my
MySQL server is down.

	Is there a way to change the spamd behavior to send a fatal error to spamc to
cause spamc and the mail server to queue the message while the sql server is
down?

	SPECS: SA version: 3.0.4 with RH 4 ES

	Thank you,
	Fábio Gomes