Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com> on 2004/08/06 17:21:10 UTC

Re: Why is ATT.net comimg up as spam due to numeric helo? And why is there no report attachment?

Something's fishy here.. those numbers don't add up to 5.5.

They actualy add to 3.5.

Sure there's some loss of precision due to truncation, but even adding
+0.0999 for all 12 rules that hit you only get 4.6988.

Clearly something's not right here. Perhaps the true adjustment applied by
the AWL isn't being reported correctly due to some bug and was actually
+1.9 instead of -0.1?

Posted by Bob Apthorpe <ap...@cynistar.net>.
Hi,

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 11:21:10 -0400 Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com> wrote:

> Something's fishy here.. those numbers don't add up to 5.5.
>
> They actualy add to 3.5.
>
> Sure there's some loss of precision due to truncation, but even adding
> +0.0999 for all 12 rules that hit you only get 4.6988.
>
> Clearly something's not right here. Perhaps the true adjustment applied by
> the AWL isn't being reported correctly due to some bug and was actually
> +1.9 instead of -0.1?

No, the numbers add up; it's a line-wrapping problem.

Let me reformat this to make it clearer (truncating descriptions so it
doesn't happen again...):

> At 01:07 AM 8/6/2004, lists wrote:
> >Content analysis details:   (5.5 points, 5.0 required)
> >
> >  pts rule name              description
> >---- ----------------------
> >--------------------------------------------------
> >  0.2 NO_REAL_NAME           From: does not include a real
> >  0.7 RCVD_BY_IP             Received by mail server with n
> >  3.4 RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO      Received: contains an IP addre
> >  0.0 HTML_80_90             BODY: Message is 80% to 90% HT
> >  0.0 HTML_BADTAG_00_10      BODY: HTML message is 0% to 10
> > -2.6 BAYES_00               BODY: Bayesian spam probabilit
> >                             [score: 0.0000]
> >  1.2 MIME_HTML_MOSTLY       BODY: Multipart message mostly
> >  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE           BODY: HTML included in message
> >  0.0 HTML_NONELEMENT_00_10  BODY: 0% to 10% of HTML elemen
> >  2.0 MIME_MISSING_BOUNDARY  RAW: MIME section missing boun
> >  0.7 MIME_BOUND_NEXTPART    Spam tool pattern in MIME boun
> >  0.0 RCVD_DOUBLE_IP_LOOSE   Received: by and from look lik
> > -0.1 AWL                    AWL: From: address is in the a

( 0.2 + 0.7 +  3.4 + 0.0 + 0.0) = 4.3
(-2.6 + 1.2 +  0.0 + 0.0 + 2.0) = 0.6
( 0.7 + 0.0 + -0.1)             = 0.6
                          Total = 5.5