Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Marc Chamberlin <ma...@easystreet.com> on 2002/09/24 19:27:57 UTC

James exceptions

I seem to be getting a lot of these exceptions while running James, wonder if anyone can tell me why and what I should do about it? Am running the James 2.0a3 stable build on a Windows 98 box... Am using a MySQL database for the repository.   Marc....

Started NNTP Server plain:119
java.lang.RuntimeException: Did not find a record Mail1032887503350-0-!106921376
8 in spool
        at org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.retrieve(JDBCMailR
epository.java:454)
        at org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.ja
va:205)
        at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(Ex
ecutableRunnable.java:47)
        at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread
.java:86)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception while retrieving mail: Did not find a reco
rd Mail1032887503350-0-!1069213768 in spool
        at org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.retrieve(JDBCMailR
epository.java:494)
        at org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.ja
va:205)
        at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(Ex
ecutableRunnable.java:47)
        at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread
.java:86)

Do you think the software industry will ever make software that is as easy and reliable for a user to use
as the automobile industry makes a car easy and reliable for a user to drive?
A man said unto the universe -  "Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe  "I do not see where that creates in me a sense of an obligation."
          - Stephen Crane

RE: James exceptions

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Marc,

Well known issue in that version.  It isn't a real problem.  You can safely
ignore it.

	--- Noel