Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Apache <ap...@ss78.shared.server-system.net> on 2006/02/24 02:54:21 UTC

RE: Live change strategy

Does enabling this have any performance hits?

[quote="Alexandr Kundirenko"]Hello Daniel,

Enable reset service adding this option:
-Dorg.apache.tapestry.enable-reset-service=true

Usage: http://localhost:8080/appName/app?service=reset&page=PageName

--
aku

Sent from www.TapestryForums.com

Read this topic online here: <<topic_link>>

http://www.tapestryforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=14462#14462

Re: Live change strategy

Posted by Daniel M Garland <da...@titanemail.com>.
I don't think so, the reset service essentially is a method call to the
AbstractEngine:

engine.clearCachedData();

So enabling the service shouldn't make much difference, although
obvisouly when you use the reset service you're clearing all the cached
data, so Tapestry will re-read all the .page files and assets again.

For the record, my solution to the live change problem was to have a
page protected with a login/password that acutally got the engine
reference from the cycle, and calls the above method. That way, I keep
reset service disabled, keep the cache enabled, but I can reset it using
my own page.

HTH

Apache wrote:
> Does enabling this have any performance hits?
>
> [quote="Alexandr Kundirenko"]Hello Daniel,
>
> Enable reset service adding this option:
> -Dorg.apache.tapestry.enable-reset-service=true
>
> Usage: http://localhost:8080/appName/app?service=reset&page=PageName

--
Dan Garland