Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2007/02/15 15:30:17 UTC

[BEER] As Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon".

OK, it's not Friday, but this one made me LOL.

> In that case, security researchers noted a problem with
> Vista's improved speech-recognition system, which lets
> people speak commands to the computer. It turns out that
> sounds played over the PC's speakers - on a malicious Web
> site configured for this very purpose, for example - can
> trigger Vista's speech-recognition engine and execute
> commands on a victim's computer.

http://news.wired.com/dynamic/stories/M/MICROSOFT_SECURITY?SITE=WIRE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Meanwhile, note the Mac ads running next to the article: The future of
security and the future of advertising, all on one page :)

-Ted.

Re: [BEER] As Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon".

Posted by Romu <ro...@gmail.com>.
speaking to

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
http://www.apple.com/getamac/

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
On 2/15/07, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:

> OK, it's not Friday, but this one made me LOL.
>
> > In that case, security researchers noted a problem with
> > Vista's improved speech-recognition system, which lets
> > people speak commands to the computer. It turns out that
> > sounds played over the PC's speakers - on a malicious Web
> > site configured for this very purpose, for example - can
> > trigger Vista's speech-recognition engine and execute
> > commands on a victim's computer.

Wow :-)  That's just nuts....