Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rob Smyth <ro...@mediaone.net> on 2001/03/02 16:35:26 UTC

help with Tomcat under windows ME...

I can't start Tomcat under windows ME...

Is there a way I can do this?  I've made all the appropriate changes to the
classpath in the autoexec.bat, but I keep getting the 'out of environment'
error.

Thanks for any help.

Rob Smyth

RE: help with Tomcat under windows ME...

Posted by Cynic <cy...@mail.cz>.
This is actually described somewhere in the docs. I just
don't remember where. You have to increase memory allocated
to the app.

>> I can't start Tomcat under windows ME...
>>
>> Is there a way I can do this?  I've made all the appropriate changes to
>the
>> classpath in the autoexec.bat, but I keep getting the 'out of environment'
>> error.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Rob Smyth

Cynic:

A member of a group of ancient Greek philosophers who taught
that virtue constitutes happiness and that self control is
the essential part of virtue.

cynic@mail.cz

RE: help with Tomcat under windows ME...

Posted by Adam Fowler <af...@cc.edu>.
Hi,

If all goes well then hopefully you should be able to do the following in IE
http://localhost:8080
And a little tomcat will appear with some tomcat info.

Hope that's what you mean(?)

Regards,
Adam.

----
Adam Fowler
Second year Computer Science undergraduate
University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Carroll College, WI, USA(2000-2001)
web: http://gucciboy.dyndns.org/aff9
e-mail: adamfowler@chillin.co.uk
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end"
----

I do run Tomcat on Window ME and it runs smooth. So,would you give more
information?
e.g. What do you see when you start Tomcat?

Dick