Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Lindhout <ml...@jointeffort.nl> on 2008/02/21 22:17:57 UTC

What's the difference...

Hi,

I read about Wicket-spring integration at
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/spring.html and now I wonder what's the
difference between

   - extending SpringWebApplication combined with doing
   addComponentInstantiationListener(new SpringComponentInjector(this))
   in init(), and
   - just doing addComponentInstantiationListener(newSpringComponentInjector(
   this)) in init()

In both cases I injected the dependencies with @SpringBean. The JavaDoc of
the former states that the SpringWebApplication contains helper methods to
create lazyinitproxies, will the lattern do that also?

thanx.

--
Martijn Lindhout
JointEffort IT Services

Re: What's the difference...

Posted by Martijn Lindhout <ml...@jointeffort.nl>.
ok, thanx

2008/2/21, Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>:

> SpringWebApplication only helps if you are on jdk1.4 or cannot use
> @SpringBean annotation.
>
> -igor
>

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Martijn Lindhout
> <ml...@jointeffort.nl> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I read about Wicket-spring integration at
> >  http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/spring.html and now I wonder what's the
> >  difference between
> >

> >    - extending SpringWebApplication combined with doing
> >    addComponentInstantiationListener(new SpringComponentInjector(this))
> >    in init(), and
> >    - just doing
> addComponentInstantiationListener(newSpringComponentInjector(
> >    this)) in init()
> >
> >  In both cases I injected the dependencies with @SpringBean. The JavaDoc
> of
> >  the former states that the SpringWebApplication contains helper methods
> >  create lazyinitproxies, will the lattern do that also?
> >
> >  thanx.
> >
> >  --
> >  Martijn Lindhout
> >  JointEffort IT Services