Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> on 2016/10/01 03:27:46 UTC

Re: From Incubation to TLP

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 12:22 AM, Niall Pemberton
<ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 3:33 AM, Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
>> Hi Niall!
>>
>> Thanks for your really helpful input.  I agree that development of an
>> active, stable, and diverse community that understands and practices the
>> Apache Way is a primary indicator of readiness for graduation.  Do you (or
>> any lurking mentors) have any thoughts on how similar projects have
>> demonstrated community diversity?
>>

> I found the last big debate on this on general@incubator (the Ignite
> graduation) and looks like those diversity criteria are redundant:
>
>     - http://markmail.org/message/555sxkvkpbzrbvnd
>     - http://markmail.org/message/5l5hsygvntcx5fqb

Yup. Or may be its not that they are redundant, but rather the whole
framing around diversity is a bit off. The way I look at it is this: the
real goal is to make sure that the community is open, inclusive, collaborative
and welcomes anybody regardless of their affiliation. Having a super
diverse community is one way to qualify. But I think even less diverse
communities can be seen to take "Apache Way" governance model to
heart. And with my Geode's mentor hat on I can definitely say that Geode
community has come a looooong way and is definitely ready from that
standpoint.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: From Incubation to TLP

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.
Really glad to read this... ;)

Sent from my iPhone

Re: From Incubation to TLP

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 10:57 PM, Greg Chase <gc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> With the number of hats you have Roman, you can satisfy any diversity requirement...

This may be helpful to fully understand the phenomenon:
    http://tinyurl.com/origin-of-shaposhnik

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: From Incubation to TLP

Posted by Greg Chase <gc...@gmail.com>.
With the number of hats you have Roman, you can satisfy any diversity requirement...

This email encrypted by tiny buttons & fat thumbs, beta voice recognition, and autocorrect on my iPhone.