Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/04 23:17:00 UTC

Cordova vs Company workflow

I've CC'd the relevant parties, but as a reminder of best practice:

regardless of internal company workflow for Cordova contribution, when
tackling an issue filed on jira:

1. if it is not assigned to you, ping the person it is assigned to
2. discuss assigning to yourself
3. begin solving the issue

Keeping work in non-apache repos, and chiming in with a fix once the
issue has already been resolved leads to frustration and duplication
of work.

Clear communication is key to cooperating on a project like this, and
that involves letting everyone know what you are working on. The
system we employ for that purpose is JIRA.

- Lorin

Re: Cordova vs Company workflow

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Since I'm starting as a contributor and not a committer I was talking from
that perpective, to follow the process that is in place for contributors to
submit pull requests to be review and  committed by committers.

--Carlos

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: Cordova vs Company workflow

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Jeffrey Heifetz <jh...@blackberry.com>wrote:

> I also think there's value in having some time between posting a
> diff/commit/pull request to the issue and committing to master to allow
> some discussion.
>
> On 13-06-05 2:25 PM, "Lorin Beer" <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Yes, putting a comment on the issue itself should be sufficient. If
> >you're familiar with the person, im/irc message is appreciated, but
> >not necessary.
> >
> >Generally, Fil is correct. I generally do not mark issues I'm working
> >on as "in progress", but that's something I will immediately adress.
> >
> >On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com> wrote:
> >> Pretty much.
> >>
> >> My assumption is when looking through JIRA that if an issue isn't "In
> >> Progress" then I can freely assign to myself and mark it as "In
> >>Progress"
> >> to denote that I am working on it.

Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>