Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Kapa, Madhavi" <ma...@marconimed.com> on 2000/10/17 21:04:13 UTC

xsl:with-param question

Hello,

I have a question about xsl:with-param. This is the code that I am trying to
use. In the template, displayComboBox, when I try to access the value of the
node variable in for-each block, I don't get any output. But, when I
substitute
/core-response/PatientInformationDelegate/IM_Patient/GenderStatus/Option in
place of $node, everything works fine. Does anybody have any idea why? Am I
doing something that is not right?

 <xsl:call-template name="displayComboBox">
     <xsl:with-param
name="node">/core-response/PatientInformationDelegate/IM_Patient/GenderStatu
s/Option
     <xsl:with-param>
     <xsl:with-param name="comboBoxName">sex</xsl:with-param>
     <xsl:with-param name="tabIndValue">3</xsl:with-param>
 </xsl:call-template>

  <xsl:template name="displayComboBox">
    <xsl:param name="node"/>
    <xsl:param name="comboBoxName"/>
    <xsl:param name="tabIndValue"/>
      <select name="{$comboBoxName}" size="1" disabled="true"
tabIndex="{$tabIndValue}">
        <xsl:for-each select="$node">
          <xsl:variable name="isSelected"> <xsl:value-of select="
./@Selected"/ <ma...@Selected> > </xsl:variable>
          <xsl:variable name="databaseValue"> <xsl:value-of select="
./@Value"/ <ma...@Value> > </xsl:variable>
          <xsl:if test="$isSelected = 'true'">
            <option value="{$databaseValue}"> <xsl:value-of select="
./@Description"/ <ma...@Description> > </option>
          </xsl:if>
        </xsl:for-each>
      </select>