Posted to users@jena.apache.org by bi...@gmail.com on 2023/02/11 09:51:40 UTC

how to build a jena-fuseki war with tomcat ?

Dear,

I read documentation such this page:
https://jena.apache.org/documentation/fuseki2/index.html#how-to-contribute
and others …

But I am not able to view the impact of an dumb code update on fuseki-
ui.

what I do:
0. Install java, maven, tomcat and nodejs 18

1. get jena
$ git clone git@github.com:bioinfornatics/jena.git

2. build all as it is described from the documentation
$ mvn clean install
I agree this should not be necessary yet

3. open jetbrains idea
all jena's module are present
https://i.ibb.co/rc1y6Bg/Capture-d-cran-du-2023-02-10-00-02-39.png

4. configure jetbrains in order to deploy the war to tomcat as describe
in below pictures
a. https://ibb.co/MNdMnjg
b. https://ibb.co/MNdMnjg
c. https://ibb.co/2g3QMhx

5. I update the >> UI <<
into jena-fuseki-ui/index.html, I add the word "test"

```html
  <head>
shrink-to-fit=no">
    <link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico">
    <title>Apache Jena Fuseki UI</title>
  </head>
    <noscript>
      <strong>We're sorry but this app doesn't work properly without
JavaScript enabled. Please enable it to continue.</strong>
    </noscript>
    test
    <!-- built files will be auto injected -->
  <script type="module" src="/src/main.js"></script>
```

6. I compile by using the target «Fuseki War File/install»
https://ibb.co/YNV3Nzc

7. I launch tomcat
https://ibb.co/xGYqXXC
which publish the war

I go to the web application
http://localhost:8080/jena_fuseki_war_war

And I have a blank page, I can see the content it is the original
index.html without the added text «test»

So what I missed that explained:
1. test text is not present
2. vue app seem to not be working

thanks a lot