Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Anthony J. Merolla" <am...@telcordia.com> on 2002/11/18 23:30:13 UTC

(Newbie Question) How to use java code as attributes in struts tags

I searched the archives but couldn't find anything on this.

When I try to use java code or jsp tags as the value of an attribute
in a Struts tag element, I get a compilation error.

The specific example is:

<logic:iterate name="causeCodeTable"
                          property="causeCodeTable"
                          offset=<%=causeCodeTable.getCurrentIndex()%>
                          length=<%=causeCodeTable.getMaxDisplayValue()%>
                          id="causeCodeRecord"
                          type="com. ... .CauseCodeData"
                          indexId="index">

I'm tying to display a subset of an array of objects starting at "offset"
and up to "length" entries. If I hardcode the values of offset and
length, it works exactly as I'd expect.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Tony Merolla