Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/06/21 18:59:05 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine/src/java/org/apache/turbine/util Comparable.java QuickSort.java

on 6/21/01 6:56 AM, "jvanzyl@apache.org" <jv...@apache.org> wrote:

> jvanzyl     01/06/21 06:56:20
>
> Removed:     src/java/org/apache/turbine/util Comparable.java
>                       QuickSort.java
> Log:
> - QuickSort and Comparable are no longer required by the
>   scheduler. these classes will be in the attic if we want
>   to move them to the commons.

You can't just remove a class like that Jason...you need to deprecate them
for a release first.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine/src/java/org/apache/turbine/utilComparable.java QuickSort.java

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@e-point.pl>.
Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 6/21/01 2:17 PM, "Rafal Krzewski" <Ra...@e-point.pl> wrote:
>
> > It's hard to imagine anything less useful than those (at this point of
> > time),
> > but we should stick to the policy.
> >
> > Rafal
>
> The usefulness is not the question/problem...it is breaking people's code
> that I am concerned with.

My point is that code depends on these deserves getting broken :)

> Remove them in 2.2 but mark them deprecate in 2.1.x

+1, I know that his is the Right Thing...

--
mgr inz. Rafal Krzewski
Senior Internet Developer

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine/src/java/org/apache/turbine/utilComparable.java QuickSort.java

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@e-point.pl>.
Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 6/21/01 6:56 AM, "jvanzyl@apache.org" <jv...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > jvanzyl     01/06/21 06:56:20
> >
> > Removed:     src/java/org/apache/turbine/util Comparable.java
> >                       QuickSort.java
> > Log:
> > - QuickSort and Comparable are no longer required by the
> >   scheduler. these classes will be in the attic if we want
> >   to move them to the commons.

commons? LOL! these are Java 1.1 legacy...

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
On 6/21/01 12:59 PM, "Jon Stevens" <jo...@latchkey.com> wrote:

> on 6/21/01 6:56 AM, "jvanzyl@apache.org" <jv...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> jvanzyl     01/06/21 06:56:20
>>
>> Removed:     src/java/org/apache/turbine/util Comparable.java
>>                       QuickSort.java
>> Log:
>> - QuickSort and Comparable are no longer required by the
>>   scheduler. these classes will be in the attic if we want
>>   to move them to the commons.
>
> You can't just remove a class like that Jason...you need to deprecate them
> for a release first.
>
> -jon

Yup, I assumed the only place the classes were being used was
in the scheduler. Even if this is the case they should still
be deprecated. I'll put them back and deprecate them. My bad.

Upon a 2.1.1 release everything that has been deprecated in
HEAD will appear as deprecated in the release. 2.2 probably
won't be out for a while so after the 2.1.1 release I would
actually like to remove the deprecated classes. They can
live on in the 2.1.x tree.

--

jvz.

http://tambora.zenplex.org