Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Michael Turilin <mt...@hotbox.ru> on 2003/08/08 17:03:32 UTC

Re: [JMS] OpenJMS and EJB MDBs

IMHO JMS is a good candidate for universal persistence framework
user.

The architecture could be like this:
             _____________
|JMS| ----> |             | ---> |JDBC Adapter  | ---> RDBMS
            |             |
|JNDI| ---> | Universal   | ---> |OODB Adapter  | ---> OODBMS
            | Persistence |
|CMP| ----> | Framework   | ---> |XML Adapter   | ---> XML
|JDO| ----> |_____________| ---> |Other Adapter | ---> <something...>

To meet requirements framework have to be flexible it could
result it to be too complex and too slow.

The second issue is where we should implement caching - in the
framework or in the adapters? The first variant is more easy to
maintain and take less work to implement. In adapter we could
use the specific knowledge about the data of even
implementation of data storage, for example Oracle specific adapter
that could use Oracle specific features to boost performance.