Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by mick l <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/27 11:48:52 UTC

Lucene CFS naming significance

Folks,
Could anyone tell me the significance of the naming of the cfs files in the
luceneindex e.g.  _1pp.cfs, _2kk.cfs etc.
I have observed many differently named files being created temporarily while
the index is being built, but the same set of named files are in place once
the index has finished building.
Can I rely on the index files always having the same names once index
buildng is complete? This would greatly simplify my auto ftp'ing of the
files up to a web server via an SSIS package.
Thanks

Re: Lucene CFS naming significance

Posted by mick l <ka...@gmail.com>.
 > That not true. Unless you always have the same "data" every time you
build the index, and if you build it every time from the beggining (not
rewriting the docs)

>>Lucas, The same tables are being converted to an index each time, but
there will just be extra rows.
I do rebuild the index each time from the beginning.

>Why don`t you just ftp the hole index dir? The directory is actually
the "index" by itself, and not its content.

>> I am just having problems getting SSIS to loop and FTP the files and I
>> need this out by Monday.

Thanks for the info anyway mate. I knew this was going to easy

Posted by "Lucas F. A. Teixeira" <lu...@accurate.com.br>.
Folks,