Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by FelixG <wr...@googlemail.com> on 2007/07/25 12:17:19 UTC

COMET with Tomcat 6.0.13 causes 405 Error

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get the Adv. IO feature of Tomcat 6.0.13 (running on a sparc
sun solaris 8 with JDK6)
working. After searching the mailing-lists I changed the connector in
server.xml to use the NioProtocol:

<Connector port="8080" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
  maxThreads="150" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443" />

But I kept on getting the "HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL"
error message. After logging I
saw that only init() from the servlet (I tried also several examples from
the net) is executed but nothing
else. Are there other adjustments I could make to get event() invoked?

Best Regards,
felix

[SOLVED] Re: COMET with Tomcat 6.0.13 causes 405 Error

Posted by FelixG <wr...@googlemail.com>.
It was like Sebastiaan assumed: I had the catalina.jar included in my webapp
after building. After removing it, the error was gone. - Thanks for the fast
help..
Regards,
felix

Posted by Sebastiaan van Erk <se...@sebster.com>.

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
your servlet must implement the CometProcessor interface

Filip