Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Tarun Mangal <ta...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/02 09:52:47 UTC

Problem getting instance of PageManager

Hi All,
I'm trying to create an instance of PageManager using the following line of
code

public class Simplest extends GenericServletPortlet {
    private PageManager pageManager = null;

    public void init(PortletConfig config) throws PortletException{
        super.init(config);
        pageManager = (PageManager)getPortletContext().getAttribute(
CommonPortletServices.CPS_PAGE_MANAGER_COMPONENT);
        if (null == pageManager)
        {
            System.out.println ("page manager is null");
        }
        System.out.println ("here " + pageManager.getClass().toString());
    }
------------------------------

I also have created a jetspeed-portlet.xml with the following content:

<portlet-app id="simplest" version="1.0"
    xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd"
    xmlns:js="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed"
    xmlns:dc="http://www.purl.org/dc">

    <dc:title>Jetspeed-2 Simplest Portlets</dc:title>
    <dc:title xml:lang="en">Jetspeed-2 Simplest Portlets</dc:title>
    <dc:creator>Tarun Mangal</dc:creator>

    <portlet>
        <portlet-name>Simplest</portlet-name>
        <dc:title>Simplest</dc:title>
        <dc:creator>J2 Team</dc:creator>
    </portlet>

    <js:services>
        <js:service name='PageManager'/>
    </js:services>

</portlet-app>

When i start Tomcat server and call for the portlet, I get a message on the
Tomcat start window "page manager is null"

Can you please tell what is the correct procedure of creating an instance of
a service.

Thanks,
Tarun

Re: Fwd: Problem getting instance of PageManager

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od Tarun Mangal z 2006-03-03 07:34 brzmiala:

> Hi All,
> Kindly send in some pointers as i've been stuck on the below mentioned issue
> since yesterday.
The PageManager service should be enabled for you webapp in
jetspeed-portlet.xml. Make sure that you also modify portlet.xml to make
changes in jetspeed-portlet.xml detected or intruduce an appropriate
record for your webapp in the JETSPEED_SERVICES table (the bug with
checksumming jetspeed-portlet.xml described at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-464).

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki

jacek.wislicki@gmail.com
tel.: +48 502 408 444
gg: 2540358
skype: jacek_wislicki

Re: Fwd: Problem getting instance of PageManager

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Tarun,

Please verify that the id specified in the jetspeed-portlet.xml and
portlet.xml portlet-app tag matches. I am not totally convinced that
this is required, but it cant hurt and IIRC, someone else had that
problem initially. Also, please make sure that the jetspeed-portal.xml
gets deployed correctly as Jacek pointed out.

Randy