Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dariusz Wojtas <dw...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/10 20:51:21 UTC

[S2] - datetimepicker not setting value

using nightly build from 09-Jan
[http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/nightlies/2.0.x/]
+ xwork 2.0.0 final

    <s:datetimepicker
       name="dp.date1"
       displayFormat="yyyy-MM-dd"
       language="pl" type="date" label="My date"/>

Property 'date1' in bean 'dp' is of type java.util.Date.
The widget itself is correctly loaded with value from the action
property and it displays itself using format specified by
displayFormat.

After submit it generates 2 parameters with the uri, eg.:

  dp.date1=2006-09-25
  dojo.dp.date1=2006-09-25

The date is not set, I am forwarded back to the input action.
Tomcat logs show such message:

20:39:11,234 ERROR - ParametersInterceptor
    - ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]:
      Unexpected Exception catched:
      Error setting expression 'dp.date1' with value
'[Ljava.lang.String;@16b7f83'

This worked recently, but now I had to switch from
dropdowndatetimepicker to datetimepicker and it does not work any
more. All tags parameters are unchanged.

Page uses:    <s:head theme="ajax"/>
Parent form uses theme 'ajax'.

Is this a bug in the current trunk?

Dariusz Wojtas

Re: [S2] - datetimepicker not setting value

Posted by Dariusz Wojtas <dw...@gmail.com>.
I believe this is what I expressed in the initial mail.
The data is populated in the component, it creates 2 url params and
they seem to be correct.
But the value is obviously not passed to the action on submit.
Maybe something is wrong with the interceptor?
Or it's excludes? or ...?
Why does it print that error message?

Dariusz Wojtas

On 1/10/07, Musachy Barroso <mb...@wfscorp.com> wrote:
> That's weird because if the value is being submitted, then the problem
> is not related to the tag, it should fail for a regular input also.
>
> musachy
>
> Dariusz Wojtas wrote:
> > my svn client shows no file is changed (I dropped all changes, updated
> > the code)
> >
> > mvn clean -Pextras,plugins,apps
> > mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Pextras,plugins,apps
> >
> > then I dropped everything from $TOMCAT_HOME/work and webapps, copied
> > the showcase war and started ...
> >
> > That is the procedure that I use every time now after some problems in
> > the past.
> > Using tomcat 5.5.15, JDK 1.6, windows xp, locale pl (default, i do not
> > override anything).
> >
> > I can see that error message twice, most likely it uses the
> > interceptor with double parameter setting.
[..]

Re: [S2] - datetimepicker not setting value

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mb...@wfscorp.com>.

Posted by Dariusz Wojtas <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mb...@wfscorp.com>.

Posted by Dariusz Wojtas <dw...@gmail.com>.