Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Otto van der Schaaf <os...@we-amp.com> on 2019/11/26 22:35:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache PageSpeed 1.14.36.1-rc3

Hello all,

This is a call for vote to release Apache PageSpeed (Incubating) version
1.14.36.1.

The Apache PageSpeed community has voted on and approved a proposal to
release
Apache PageSpeed (Incubating) version 1.14.36.1.

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Apache PageSpeed (incubating) represents a series of open source
technologies to help make the web faster by rewriting web pages to reduce
latency and bandwidth.

PageSpeed community vote and result thread:
Vote:
https://ponymail-vm.apache.org/_GUI_/thread.html/17f2f2bc3da4e33231a811231590829e3324c6ab8ee8a5884ec2b93d@%3Cdev.pagespeed.apache.org%3E

The release candidates (RC3):
http://people.apache.org/~oschaaf/mod_pagespeed/1.14.36.1-rc3/

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pagespeed-mod/releases/tag/v1.14.36.1

Hash for the release tag:
aacd0f7c8a4e3dbd330af77afe089782a59ddaab

Release Notes:
Need to be added over at
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pagespeed-website/blob/asf-site/content/doc/release_notes.html

Draft:https://gist.github.com/oschaaf/0e8788989b8cc121ea0711d9e3e00d46

The artifacts have been signed with Key :
8AB8523D6BAEA62811491DA04227FCC1D8C2B4F2, which can be
found in the keys file:
http://people.apache.org/~oschaaf/mod_pagespeed/1.14.36.1-rc3/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Otto
Apache PageSpeed

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache PageSpeed 1.14.36.1-rc3

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Can I raise a new VOTE thread for that?

After you have VOTEed on your dev list yes.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache PageSpeed 1.14.36.1-rc3

Posted by Otto van der Schaaf <os...@gmail.com>.
So with some help, rc4  is now staged in the right location!
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pagespeed/1.14.36.1-rc4/

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Well, we include
> https://github.com/chromium/chromium/blob/2ca8c5037021c9d2ecc00b787d58a31ed8fc8bcb/base/third_party/nspr/LICENSE
> [1]
> Now I'm wondering: should that propagate to our top-level LICENSE?

Ideally yes, but you are an incubating project and do include the license so IMO that’s OK.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache PageSpeed 1.14.36.1-rc3

Posted by Otto van der Schaaf <os...@gmail.com>.
Well, we include

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Otto van der Schaaf <os...@gmail.com>.
I staged another release candidate over at
http://people.apache.org/~oschaaf/mod_pagespeed/1.14.36.1-rc4/  which
doesn't
contain any compiled code plus moves to DISCLAIMER-WIP to track the
remaining issues. I'll try to move this to the right
staging location (https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pagespeed)
but need to polish my subversion skills, it has been
quite a while since last using that :-)

The MPL licensed source code is still there, it gets pulled in via
Chromium. This involves nspr via our chromium dependency
https://github.com/chromium/chromium/blob/2ca8c5037021c9d2ecc00b787d58a31ed8fc8bcb/base/third_party/nspr/
<https://github.com/chromium/chromium/blob/2ca8c5037021c9d2ecc00b787d58a31ed8fc8bcb/base/third_party/nspr/prtime.h>
I think we rely on prtime.cc/.h, possibly we can replace that. Is this a

Op wo 27 nov. 2019 om 01:36 schreef Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com

Posted by Joshua Marantz <jm...@gmail.com>.
+1 approve