Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Roman Shtykh <rs...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/01/10 07:06:44 UTC

Integration with RocketMQ

Igniters,
Recently I am looking into a new pub/sub messaging Apache incubator project called RocketMQ [1], originally developed at Alibaba. And I am thinking about implementing a streamer for Ignite.
Do you think it has to be placed under modules/ of Ignite project, or better to have it together with other RocketMQ Community Projects [2]? I talked to the project's lead -- any approach seems to be ok.
I anticipate quite frequent releases of the project this year (much more frequent than Ignite's), and I think it will be easier to release such integration updates with the 2nd approach, as soon as a new RocketMQ's (or Ignite's) version is available.
Any thoughts?
[1] http://rocketmq.apache.org/[2] https://github.com/rocketmq
Roman

Re: Integration with RocketMQ

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
I would place it under Ignite for consistency with other streamers.

--Yakov

Re: Integration with RocketMQ

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Roman,

Do you have any progress on this? It will be perfect to have the feature in 1.9. Please join the discussion:
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Apache-Ignite-1-9-td14170.html <http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Apache-Ignite-1-9-td14170.html>

—
Denis

Posted by Roman Shtykh <rs...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.