Posted to user@livy.apache.org by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/30 10:41:28 UTC

Problem serializing list ?

Hi All,

I get a serialization error when I try submit a job to livy. I am not sure
what I am doing wrong?

public class MyJob implements Job<String> {
    private final String *name*;
    private List<String> cols;
    private List<String> *tags*;

    public MyJob(String name, List<String> cols, List<String> tags) {
        this.name = name;
        this.cols = cols;
        this.tags = tags;
    }

}

and then I do something like this

livy.submit(new MyJob("cat", Arrays.asList("hello"), new ArrayList<>())).get();

I get the following Exception

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.livy.shaded.kryo.kryo.KryoException:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Serialization trace:

cols (com.hello.sample.jobs.MyJob)

org.apache.livy.shaded.kryo.kryo.serializers.ObjectField.read(ObjectField.java:125)

org.apache.livy.shaded.kryo.kryo.serializers.FieldSerializer.read(FieldSerializer.java:507)

Thanks!