Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Antsa <ad...@teamware.com> on 2010/08/09 19:39:34 UTC

Smack library usage for XMPP access

I'm trying to subscribe to a topic using Smack XMPP.  I am doing

MultiUserChat muc = new MultiUserChat(conn2, "calendar.appointment.create");
muc.join("AF");

When I view the admin/topics.jsp page in the browser, it shows the topic as

calendar.appointment.create/AF

I can send to that topic from the web page and can receive those messages in
my client with my PacketListener, but I want to subscribe to
"calendar.appointment.create", not with the /AF on the end.

If I leave out the join, it does not create the consumer, so I don't receive
messages.

Any ideas how I map XMPP requests to topics in AMQ or anyone know what I'm
doing wrong?

Thanks
Antony