Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Avram Aelony <Av...@eharmony.com> on 2009/03/11 23:16:28 UTC

pigpen from windows? ( whoami error )

Dear pig users,

I currently use pig via the grunt shell, but would like to be able to also use the eclipse pigpen plugin.

I have pigpen installed on a win XP box and see the pig-menus in eclipse.  Pigpen appears to connect via org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem correctly but then complains that "whoami" cannot be run.

Since I actually happen to have cygwin installed with a whoami at c:\cygwin\whoami.exe ( /usr/bin/whoami from within the cygwin environment ) is there a way to tell pigpen to use c:\cygwin\whoami.exe?  Is there a better work-around?  Has anyone been able to use the pigpen plugin from windows to submit jobs to a distant hadoop cluster?

Many thanks for your help,
Avram

javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Login failed: Cannot run program "whoami": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Login failed: Cannot run program "whoami": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
	at org.apache.hadoop.security.UnixUserGroupInformation.login(UnixUserGroupInformation.java:250)
	at org.apache.hadoop.security.UnixUserGroupInformation.login(UnixUserGroupInformation.java:275)
	at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:169)
	... 14 more

RE: pigpen from windows? ( whoami error )

Posted by Avram Aelony <Av...@eharmony.com>.
Unfortunately, yes.
Neither c:\cygwin\bin nor c:\cygwin in my PATH resolves the error.  It still can't find 'whoami'.

-Avram

I have not tried it, but do you have c:\cygwin and c:\cygwin\bin in your
PATH ?

- Mridul

Posted by Mridul Muralidharan <mr...@yahoo-inc.com>.