Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com> on 2011/12/08 00:50:12 UTC

Any instructions on how to run the Qpid examples?

Hello, I was able to run the "Hello" and "MapSender/MapReceiver"
examples available in the Qpid Java client download by following the
README but there appear to be several more examples within the various
packages under the "examples" folder.  I'm not sure how to run them
though, and which classes constitute actual examples vs. helper classes
for other examples, etc.

Does Qpid have any documentation on each of the samples available and
how to run them?

Thanks,
Glen

--
Glen Mazza
Talend Community Coders

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Any instructions on how to run the Qpid examples?

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Those other classes/packages arent really what I'd call useful
examples and should really just be removed (we removed most of the
rest a while back for similar reasons, I'm not sure why those stayed).
Someone working close to me wrote a set of examples a while back, I'll
discuss contributing those with him :)

Robbie

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 06:50:12PM -0500, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Hello, I was able to run the "Hello" and "MapSender/MapReceiver"
> examples available in the Qpid Java client download by following the
> README but there appear to be several more examples within the
> various packages under the "examples" folder.  I'm not sure how to
> run them though, and which classes constitute actual examples vs.
> helper classes for other examples, etc.
>
> Does Qpid have any documentation on each of the samples available
> and how to run them?

For running the spout and drain examples, you can pass into each the
description for the queue. For example, while working on the Ruby APIs I
use:

spout "my-queue;{create:always}"

to create a queue named "my-queue" for sending messages. Then the drain
example just needs to use:

drain "my-queue"

to know where to go and find messages previously sent using spout. The
drain example can also be used to pull messages out of other queues,
which you can list with:

qpid-stat -q

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/