Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com> on 2018/11/26 18:59:23 UTC

[VOTE] - Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating) Composer module 0.9.0 (rc1)

Dear IPMC members,

This is a call for the vote to release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating):
Composer module, 0.9.0.

The Apache OpenWhisk community has voted on and approved a proposal to
release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): Composer module 0.9.0.

We now request the Incubator PMC members to review and vote on this
incubator release.

Apache OpenWhisk Composer is a programming model for composing cloud
functions built on Apache OpenWhisk.

OpenWhisk Composer vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5bc79c5f16661d46cd77557b2b1a4ec7d41d184c7dc44026fd92a3de@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E

OpenWhisk Composer vote result email:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0962026eef420586a482b7fbe29c0db1fb28bad38a7ad5cbe943aba1@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E

This release comprises of source code distribution only. There is only one
module within this release number 0.9.0. The artifact were built from the
following Git commit IDs:
* openwhisk-composer: 7ae7f08,

The source code artifact of openwhisk composer can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-composer-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz

The SHA-512 checksum for the artifact of openwhisk composer is
openwhisk-composer-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz:
7D5ECB65 DF653840 C8A33C7B DDF346AD 2AA36507 DD1D6DE6 8CB99238 BDC93EF6
425B5BAF
 1371C4BE 6F1E0DEF 01D60D18 03AADC33 B0B7BD95 40724450 5FF6D131
which can can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-composer-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.sha512

The signature of the artifact of openwhisk composer can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-composer-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.asc

This release was signed with key 147F886E.
KEYS file is available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/KEYS

This is the first release of Apache OpenWhisk, Composer module. so there is
no CHANGELOG file.

How to verify the artifacts can be found at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENWHISK/How+to+verify+the
+release+checklist+and+vote+on+OpenWhisk+modules+under+Apache

We are currently using the tool called openwhisk-release
(https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release) to release all the
modules of OpenWhisk. The instruction for release managers can be found at:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/blob/master/docs/release_instructions.md.
 This tool
supports  both manual and automated modes to package the source code, sign
the  artifacts and upload the artifacts into Apache SVN repositories.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Regards,

--dave

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] - Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating) Composer module 0.9.0 (rc1)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

> 4 +1 binding votes actually as I voted, but as you got > 3 +1 it doesn’t matter :-)

Ah no it seems my email didn’t make it to the list,  but JFYI I checked everything and there were no issues.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] - Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating) Composer module 0.9.0 (rc1)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Dave Grove <dg...@apache.org>.
The vote to release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): Composer module, 0.9.0. is now closed.

The vote passed with 3 +1 (binding) votes and one +1 (non-binding) vote and no 0 or -1 votes.  Thank you to all that voted and helped verify the release:
+1 (binding):
    Bertrand Delacretaz
    Jim Jagielski
    Kevin A. McGrail

+1 (non-binding):
Mohammad Asif Siddi

The Apache OpenWhisk community will proceed to publish the
0.9.0-incubating release of the Composer module and send announcements.

regards,

--dave

Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating) Composer module 0.9.0 (rc1)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It's also best to wait at least 72 hours to give people a chance to vote.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating) Composer module 0.9.0 (rc1)

Posted by Dave Grove <dg...@apache.org>.
This vote still needs two additional +1 binding votes to pass.
(Bertrand Delacretaz's binding +1 from the Podling PPMC vote [1] carries to this VOTE).

I would appreciate it if the other OpenWhisk podling mentors or IPMC members could please vote.

thanks,

--dave

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8b182e4b0ad7e402f4be61500285abedf44067215a5d351bdaeb005b@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
+1 Binding.
--
Kevin A. McGrail
VP Fundraising, Apache Software Foundation

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 (binding) :)

Posted by Dave Grove <dg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to look at he release and vote.

> incubator-openwhisk-composer-0.9.0-incubating/package.json  [NO ASF HEADER]
> incubator-openwhisk-composer-0.9.0-incubating/samples/demo.json [NO ASF HEADER]
> incubator-openwhisk-composer-0.9.0-incubating/travis/runtimes.json [NO ASF HEADER]

JSON file can’t have comments so it not possible to add an ASF header to these files.

> incubator-openwhisk-composer-0.9.0-incubating/travis/scancode.sh [ASF HEADER not in Proper format]

I saw that as well but it may be permissible [1] and either way the intent is clear and it’s a trivial issue.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#is-a-short-form-of-the-source-header-available

Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating) Composer module 0.9.0 (rc1)

Posted by Mohammad Asif Siddiqui <as...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Checks Done :
- incubating in name
- hashes and signatures are good
- DISCLAIMER/NOTICE/LICENSE exists
- ran RAT tool (Some issues are found which is listed below, non-blocker as it is config files)
- checked for archive matching git tag

Issues :
incubator-openwhisk-composer-0.9.0-incubating/package.json  [NO ASF HEADER]
incubator-openwhisk-composer-0.9.0-incubating/samples/demo.json [NO ASF HEADER]
incubator-openwhisk-composer-0.9.0-incubating/travis/runtimes.json [NO ASF HEADER]
incubator-openwhisk-composer-0.9.0-incubating/travis/scancode.sh [ASF HEADER not in Proper format]

Regards
Asif