Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marko Asplund <ma...@ixonos.com> on 2007/11/27 22:02:21 UTC

[users@httpd] Caching personalized pages with httpd 2.2

Hi

I'm working on a project where we're developing a system that's going to
experience fairly heavy load for certain pages such as the main page.
I'd like to be able to serve some of these pages from a caching Apache
reverse proxy without invoking the backend system. The problem is that
all of these pages have been designed to include small pieces of
personalized content and it will not be possible to change this.

Is it possible to use Apache for caching the non-personalized pieces
while always fetching the personalized pieces from the backend?
The Edge side includes specification seems to be addressing this
problem. Does Apache have support for the specification?

marko